AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To support and advYOONe the Youth of South Africa;
- To enable equal opportunities to all Youth and anyone living in South Africa.
- To create a future for the Youth of Tommorow.
- To Register a Business for every Person in South Africa, giving everyone a business opertunity to start something out of nothing.
- To unite the people of South Africa, Africans in particular, for the complete liberation of the country from all forms of discrimination and national oppression.
- To build a South African nation with a common patriotism and loyalty in which the cultural, linguistic and religious diversity of the people is recognised.
- To promote economic development for the benefit of all.
- To support and promote the struggle for the rights of youth,children,woman and the disabled.
THE CHARACTER OF THE YOUTH OF OUR NATION
- The YOON is a non-racial and non-sexist and democratic liberation Organisation. Its policies are determined by the membership and its leadership is accountable to the membership in terms of the procedures laid down in this Constitution.
- Striving for the maximum unity of purpose and functioning, the YOON shall respect the linguistic, cultural and religious diversity of its members.
- The YOON shall support the,Youth, women, combat sexism and ensure that the voice of women is fully heard in the Organisation and that women are properly represented at all levels.
- The principles of freedom of speech and free circulation of ideas and information shall operate within the YOON.
- Membership of all bodies of the YOON shall be open to all men and women in the Organisation without regard to race, colour or creed.
- The YOON shall cooperate closely with religious bodies in the country and shall provide, on an interfaith basis, for the recognition of the spiritual needs of its many members who are believers.
The YOON consists of the following organs:
- The National Conference which elects the National Executive Committee.
- The Provincial Conference which elects the Provincial Executive Committee.
- The Regional Conference which elects the Regional Executive Committee.
- The BrYOONh Biennial General Meeting which elects the BrYOONh Executive Committee.
Women’s League shall be open to women,youth , male who are members of the YOON and it has the same basic structures, namely, national, provincial, regional and BrYOONh structures. Its objectives are to defend and advYOONe the rights of women, both inside and outside the YOON, against all forms of national, social and gender oppression and to ensure that women play a full role in the life of the Organisation, in the people’s struggle and in national life. The YOON Women’s League shall function as an autonomous body within the overall structure of the YOON, of which it shall be an integral part, with its own Constitution, rules and regulations, provided that these shall not be in conflict with the Constitution and policies of the YOON.
Youth League shall be open to all persons between the ages of 14 (fourteen) and 35 (thirty five) years. It operates on a national, provincial and brYOONh basis. Its objectives are to unite and lead young men and women in confronting and dealing with the problems that face the youth and to ensure that the youth make a full and rich contribution to the work of the YOON and the life of the nation.
The YOON Veterans’ League shall be open to all YOON members 60 (sixty) years of age or older, who have served the YOON and the movement over an unbroken period of 40 (forty) years. It shall operate on a national and provincial basis. Its objectives are to ensure that veterans make a full and rich contribution to the work of the YOON, to the movement and to the life of the nation. The YOON Veterans’ League will function as an autonomous body within the overall structure of the YOON, of which it shall be an integral part, with its own Constitution, rules and regulations, provided that these shall not be in conflict with the Constitution and policies of the YOON.
Make a Donation
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
What we have achieved so far
Iusto et labore modi qui sapiente xpedita tempora et aut non ipsum consequatur illo.
The site of the National Headquarters of the YOON shall be determined by the NEC.
Floor 3, Office 315 and 316 ,Vusani House, Witbank, 1035
012 345 6789